ABC Ascot Avenue
30hrs FREE for 3-5 year olds
*for a limited time only
We provide flexible morning, afternoon and full day sessions in both our under two and over two rooms to meet the needs of your family.
At ABC Ascot Avenue, a BestStart centre, we welcome children from 3 months to 5 years and pride ourselves on our positive relationships with our whanau. We are a child care centre located close to Remuera Primary School and we seek to complement the important role whanau have in children’s learning and development and see ourselves as working alongside their aspirations. We believe children learn through play and our teachers aim to provide a nurturing, open and fun environment for children to gain working theories about their world. Our centre celebrates the many cultures of our children and families, and we encourage whanau to join in celebrations with us as a centre so we can continue to learn and grow.
ABC Ascot Avenue has two rooms which cater to the different developmental needs of our children and each has an indoor and outdoor environment which reflects their needs and developmental milestones.
At ABC Ascot we not only focus on nurturing and educating children, we also focus on their nutrition as we believe healthy bodies create healthy minds. For this reason our centre has gone organic where possible and we try to create healthy foods which are child friendly. We also bake with our children and make our own yoghurt fresh each week. Some items on our current menu are;
– Organic potato pasta bake with leek, courgette and homemade cheese sauce
– Free range roast chicken with organic roast vegetables
– Organic chicken and vegetable curry on brown rice
– Homemade fejoa and apricot crumble with fresh yoghurt
– Organic baked beans on grain toast
In our Infant & Toddler room, teachers ensure they have established close and reciprocal relationships with whanau which enables them to reflect each child’s home routines. Our teachers recognize the importance of relationships and ensure the room is a calm and loving place for our youngest children filled with cuddles and smiles. Our children transition to our Preschool at the age of two and we take their lead as to when they are ready to move through. Our Preschool is an exciting place for children where their learning is challenged while they are respected as individuals and holders of knowledge. We have a unique Be School Ready initiative where teachers promote children’s curiosity and hypothesizing while working individually and in groups, with a focus on preparing children for Primary School.
What makes us different:
• Large inviting outdoor play area allowing children to explore science and nature
• Qualified and dedicated teachers who know the children well and provide positive interactions and learning experiences
• Provide healthy nutritious meals and have been awarded the Gold Healthy Heart Award
• Small group sizes allowing for individual routines and personalised learning opportunities
• Well-resourced with new and stimulating equipment to enable your child to extend on their learning journey
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what you child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what’s been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information about this fantastic resource.