At Edukids Marshland we are focused on creating a safe and stimulating environment, where children can learn through a variety of experienceswhich support and extend their learning. Our quality education and care centre is situated in Shirley near the suburb of Burwood.
At we are focused on creating a safe and stimulating environment, where children can learn through a variety of experiences which support and extend their learning. Our centre provides children with the opportunity to follow their own interests, be creative, imaginative and to have fun. We pride ourselves in the partnerships we form with our parents, whanau, and the community. Teachers completely engage in responsive, reciprocal and respectful relationships with our children, parents and families and whanau.
The team at Edukids Marshland believe our role is to assist children to grow up as competent and confident learners and communicators, healthy in mind, body and spirit, secure in their sense of belonging. We aim to provide an environment where children can experience every opportunity to enhance their learning and development through encouraging/ questioning scaffolding and extending, fostering of Tuakana/ Teina (older/younger) relationships and positive guidance. We also believe that children learn best through play and when they engage in experiences they are interested in. We value the importance of discovery, creativity and exploration.
What makes us different:
• Fantastic outdoor environment catering for all children's diverse requirements
• Nutritious morning tea and afternoon tea provided daily
• Staff that are qualified and registered also whom all have first aid certificates
• Relationships mean the most to us here at Marshland, we thrive on happiness and positivity - it is infectious!
• A very diverse, mulitcultural centre
• Affordable rates, 20 ECE programme and sibling discount
• Brand new purpose built building
• Excellent child to staff ratio
• Easy access to the Palms mall and bus route
• Individual portfolio books for all children
Click here to read our latest ERO report.
We are excited to offer our families access to Storypark e-portfolios. They are a great way to keep up to date with what you child is doing while at the centre. You can log in to the secure platform wherever you are in the world to see what's been happening in their day, check out photos of them and comment on their activities. Click here for more information of this fantastic resource.
"The teachers have made us feel so welcome as well as ensuring that our daughter has the best care. Kateah has just started in Prep school and loving every minute. She comes home telling us about what she learnt in Prep School and she is so much happier."