Our centrally located centre licensed for 42 children, cares for children from 3 months to 5 years.
Our centre, part of the BestStart family, offers short and long day options, giving your family greater flexibility and convenience. We have qualified Early Childhood Teachers that receive ongoing, up-to-date training and professional support. We are confident that our teachers will provide tailored learning programs that nurture your child’s individual needs and interests. With First Steps, your child will become a happy, confident learner.
First Steps Parnell is easily accessible from Auckland's CBD, including motorways from all areas of Auckland and has designated parking for pickup and drop off.
We have two separate rooms in our centre. The infant room is licenced for a maximum of 14. They have their own separate area where they can safely and confidently explore and grow. Children aged from 2 to 5 years play and work together, experiencing activities that promote their development. We provide a Be School Ready initiative throughout the centre that focuses on the development of independence and confidence with children. In conjunction with this, we also offer extra-curricular activities like PlayBall and Twinkle Toes Dancing
The children also have an outdoor area which provides an oasis of greenery within the CBD.
Our centre has recently been renovated to maintain aesthetically pleasing facilities that are well organised, healthy and safe, not to mention purchasing brand new resources that the children are enjoying.
At First Steps Parnell, we:
• Recognise families as the most important people in a child’s life.
• Understand what’s important when you’re looking for childcare: a nurturing, stimulating, safe environment.
• Employ educators who are passionate in their endeavour to support, empower, nurture and inspire children.
• Quality teacher to child ratios with an emphasis on child responsive interactions
• Provide a quality service to the community respecting all values and beliefs.
• Provide three delicious, fresh homemade meals a day, prepared by our lovely cook which follows the Healthy Heart Programme, including dietary and cultural requirements
• Provide extracurricular activities like Playball and Twinkle Toes Dancing for extension of learning and development.
With these points in mind, you are ensured your child’s time with us creates a love of learning that will last a lifetime.
Enrolling is easy. We encourage parents or carers to visit us and talk to our staff and get ‘the feel and ambiance’ when you walk into the centre.
You’ll be given a tour of the facilities to see the centre in action and learn from our staff how our services can benefit you and your family.
"A big thank you to every staff member at First Steps Parnell. This has been the best daycare centre for us in Auckland." - September 2015
"Just want to say thanks again for last night, and what a wonderful night it was! I caught up with parents that I met at picnic last time, as well as teachers and parents from the under 2’s room whom I don’t see as often these days. It was a treat to have a lovely dinner served (and not having to do dishes!). It just had such a buzz and a close community feeling about it. As I got into the car, I looked back into the windows and saw the team clearing things away, no doubt everyone worked overtime to pull this together. Just want to say thanks to everyone, and I feel very lucky to be part of this community."